PDF file format is liken to an electronic paper. It has become a widely accepted standard.
Many people have an erroneous belief that in order to create a PDF file from an original document such as a text document or web page, you need to have Adobe Acrobat, which costs hundreds of dollars per license.
In fact, you can make your own professional PDF documents by using a free software called PDFCreator.
PDFCreator is a tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application. It is a virtual printer that allows you to print any file to a PDF document. It is free, even for commercial use! You can install it in unlimited number of PCs.
It is simple to use – In fact, it works exactly like how you would do a Print. If you know how to make a print from a computer, you know how to use this software! You can also add security features to the PDF document to protect them from being opened without password or unauthorized copying, printing, etc.
Here are some examples of how you can use PDFCreator:
- Instead of emailing the original Word documents, which can be amended easily and unintentionally, give them the PDF documents.
- If possible, do not print the documents, e.g. web pages, receipts, invoices, etc, onto paper, print them to PDF!
To Download ,follow the installation instructions.
1. Download PDFCreator from the download site.
2. Double-click the downloaded file and start installation.
3. When you come to this screen, our recommendation is to uncheck the Browser Add On option.
Here is an example of how to print a Word document to PDF.
1. Open the Word document you wish to print. Select Print… from the menu
2. Select PDFCreator as the printer
3. Enter Document Title, Author, Subject and Keywords or just keep the default values. These info will be tagged to the PDF document.
You can click Options to explore more optional features, e.g. add security to the PDF document. Otherwise, just click Save.
4. Select a location to save the PDF file and you are done!
|Please be aware that we accept no responsibility for the software you are downloading. The same applies to the information provided about the software products listed, as the producer can modify it after this article is published.|